08 July 2007

Greetings from Minneapolis. We are now mostly finished with our return journey and, inch'allah, will arrive home in Maine sometime after midnight in the early hours of Monday the 9th. The long journey home has been smooth, but the hours of sitting on the plane have given too much time to ponder the disappointment of not coming home from this trip with our daughter as planned. We remain far from bitter, though to some degree jaded.

It has been a long, emotionally wrenching, exhaustive, expensive and fruitless 6 days, and while I certainly take solace in the belief that this is how it was meant to be, it makes the pain no less real. I recogniize that every road to parenthood is different, and certainly none of them are painfree, and so we will continue to move forward with positive energy believing that remaining positive is what is best for ourselves as well as for our daughter.

KJ and I very much appreciate the love and support we have received in this challenging time from family and friends and want you all to know that I will continue write from a point of view of openness and emotional honesty, for while I simultaneously recognize that some of you enjoy reading it, the real value for me is in the writing. Take Care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings KJ and Steve, everyone at FVH wants you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Although you are surely very disappointed with the outcome of your visit to Kaz when the time is right you will bring your beautiful child home. If there is anything we can do please let us know. We love ya. JZ and the rest of the crew.

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve and KJ,
I have just returned to find this disappointing news...I have been away from the hospital (and computers) was so saddened for you both as well as your extended family. As you do, I believe all things happen for a reason, though it is not always clear to us at the time. The little soul that is meant to be joined with you will reveal itself to you when the time is right :o), whether it be from foreign lands or through the natural process of beings. You are truly in my thoughts and prayers during this trying time. If there is anything I can do, please know you can lean on me too!
Love, Holly & family