26 October 2007

First of all I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes, and kind thoughts

Well we are packed and ready with 20 hours to go. Now we just have to find a way to tell the Boys that we won't be coming home tomorrow night. How different their lives will be as well next time we come home. They have never really shared space - or attention - with a child. To be sure, it will be an adjustment for all of us.

We are excited without being anxious, apprehensive without being scared, and optimistic without being unrealistic. So many elements that have remained unknown for so long will soon be revealed. The mass of feeling, emotion, and expectation bubbling inside creates an energy that makes it difficult to remain focused.

There will be much to say in the coming days. Please bear with us as we settle in and move into this next phase of our journey. I know that we are all excited to see what plays beyond door number three, soon we will all know.

Details of the first few days may be a bit sparse, but by weeks end I should think we will have pictures and full accounts up and running. Keep us in your hearts and know that we are excited to share this with you all. I'm off to curl up with the Boys on the bed one last time. Take Care.

9 comments:

makandaddie said...

Hi guys...

My name is Lisa and my husband Blaise and I adopted our son Maksim from Kaz in 2005, in fact it will be 2 years ago tomorrow that we touched down on US soil. I got chills reading your e-mail because I remember those feelings soooooo well. Have fun...cherish every moment with your new child and each other...remember, these next few weeks will be your last as just a couple!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

KJ & Steve,

We're keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as your journey begins. We look forward to following your story. Thank you for your passionate post on the Kaz Yahoo group as well.

All the best,

Karen.

Susan said...

I can't wait to follow your journey.
You seem to have such a wonderful, calm spirit about you and that is a wonderful spirit in which to adopt a child.
I can't wait to hear what you have in store for you!
I also just read your latest email to the yahoo group and I loved it!!!
You rock. :)

Michelle said...

Karen and Glenn,

I'm part of the KAZ yahoo group. Our dossier is at the First Ministry right now, so we are anxious to hear what region we'll be going to. I'm also so EXCITED for you both and see your count-down indicates only 2 hours left before your plane takes off. Save travels, best of luck, and I look forward to following your blog.
Brett and Michelle of Los Angeles

The Cook said...

I will be praying for you guys. I am so excited to see pictures of your family. i know you will find your daughter.

Patrick & Eileen said...

KJ & Steve,
I'm with the Kaz Yahoo group too.

I've been reading you blog and so excited that you're on your way right now!!

I look forward to seeing photos of you with your daughter.

As far as your boys go....I know what you mean. We have two girls (kitties). They'll be in shock to share us but we'll just have to give them lots of extra love :) They are part of the family too!

Take care,
Eileen

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Hello, greetings from Austin, Texas. I wish you all of the best and will be sending you warm thoughts. I hope to be in Kaz before next Spring. Kind regards, Susan Moore

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

I wish you safe travels and a good luck as you begin this new chapter in your lives. As one who has just sent my youngest off to college, I am envious that you guys are just edging up to the starting point! You have a world of wonder to look forward to.

Sonya said...

Hi! I just found you by way of Yahoo. I look forward to reading about your adventure. My husband and I will be leaving next Saturday for Karaganda, and I too will miss my Girls (2 mutts and a kitty) whose lives will soon be turned upside down. My pets are also accustomed to having 100% of our attention.

Good luck on your travel and I will be following along at least as much as the internet service in Kaz will allow!

Sonya
http://boykinfamilyadoption.spaces.live.com