05 January 2008

Today was Aitugan's 9-month birthday - 66 days since we met her at the Baby House in Astana.  How ever to begin to make sense of all the changes our world's have seen in the hours since that first afternoon?  

Though I desire to share with all of you the changes we are witnessing and participating in, the truth is, I'm tired and my mind isn't working that effectively.  Suffice it to say that we all have come to appreciate life in ways we never knew possible.  Aitugan has already taught us so much, and while she may not be yet able to verbalize her transformation, her actions demonstrate an explosion of growth.

Hopefully I will find the mental stamina to write a more complete posting soon.  Until then, I hope you enjoy the photos and will leave it up to you to fill in the thousand words that each of them is believed to be worth.  Take Care.




Aitugan enjoying her first solid food - a gingerbread cookie from her Nonna.







11 comments:

Trudi said...

Your photos of such a normal everyday at home with baby warm my heart. Thank you.

Sandi said...

Your photos are amazing, such a story they tell. Aitugan sleeping is absolutely beautiful.

Sandi

Regina said...

Looks like you are all staying nice and warm together. Glad to see that your sleeping beauty / bathing beauty / snow queen is enjoying my favorite cookie. (Carr's Ginger lemon cremes are the best ever.) Thanks for sharing the sweetness.

Matthew Ruley said...

Your photos area awesome!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

We have that yellow towel and it is really great! A looks too cute in her winter gear! Gena

Kristan and Mark said...

Pictures often say more than words do any way, except when you write them. Hope you get some rest soon.

It took us about two full weeks home before we started feeling really rested again.

kitzkazventure said...

I like the sleeping one the best. Such peace! We found that we often cannot even come up with the words to express all of the changes that we have watched our son go thru in the past 9 months. I believe that it is a part of the special blessings of adoption. We will treasure watching his transformation forever. Have a great week!

Monica said...

I agree that the pictures are beautiful and they DO speak volumes of the delight of that you are enjoying with Aitugan.

I'm AMAZED that you can bathe her in that big tub! We have the same tub but I almost never bathe my little ones in it because it's so hard for me to reach them. I bet she's LOVING her "swimming" time in there --- I know my kiddies would like more time to swim also.

Wishing you rest and energy.
Thx always for sharing your joy with all of us,
Monica

KellyJ said...

I discovered your blog on a list of aoption blogs late last year after making the difficult decision to switch countries in my adoption plan.

After getting hooked on reading your story every day, I became fascinated, not only with Kazakhstan as you experienced it, but with your adorable little girl. What a total sweetheart!

Congratulations on arriving home and beginning your life together as a family of 3 (6 - sorry dog boys). You've kept my enthusiasm going through some rough patches and I thank you!

Keep posting those fantastic photos of Aitugan. You have a great eye for composition and expression!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what fantastic pictures! What an adorable little cherub you have and love her name. Just found your blog and enjoy reading it.

Beckie (Lana from Semey)

Amanda said...

She is sooo beautiful. Your pictures are really pretty....I cannot wait for those warm family moments with Garrett!